Information Collected or Received
1) Use of our Services
Services offered by Madison / Savile include our brand clothing sold on our Site, at events, at pop up shops, and at our partner sites or stores, including tailoring/fitting services and styling services. Other services and products include accessories and inspirational products sold on our Site, at events, at pop up shops, and at our partner sites or stores.
We may collect or you may provide your and your customer’s information, including personally identifiable information, in the process of using our Service or other services we may offer from time to time.
2) Voluntary Submission
You may provide your personal information to us when you choose to use our Service. Because we change our Service and features from time to time, the information you provide us also may change. The following are some examples of situations in which you may provide information to us:
- Purchasing a product or a Service;
- Signing up for email alerts or subscribing to receive other information;
- Completing a survey;
- Entering a contest, giveaway, quote submission, blog submission;
- Using a mobile device, such as a phone, to access our Service or communicate with us; and
- Contacting us, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service.
The personal information we collect from you will vary depending on your interactions with our Site and use of our Service.
3) Automatic Collection
Our Sites or Service may collect some information automatically when you visit or use them. We typically aggregate the data that we collect automatically, if any, and use them in statistical form to determine trends among groups of users, rather than using them to identify individuals. Our Site and Service may collect information automatically through technologies such as web browsers or cookies from our Service or online store. We may use this information for improving features, addressing technical issues, improve our Services, preventing fraud, and conducting data analytics. The type of information that we may automatically collect include:
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or our Sites, such as IP address or other information about your device;
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with our Sites, which may include the URLs of websites visited, number of clicks, and other usage statistics;
- Crash reports with information about your system and the crash when a Service or application crashes;
- Information that facilitates a personalized experience, such as Service progress; and
- The location of your device, such as may be derived from your device’s IP address;
- Collection by third parties who provide certain features or tools used for creating our Sites. These features, if any, are subject to those third parties’ privacy notices and policies.
4) From Third Parties
Social Features of Our Service
When you choose to use a social feature of our Service, you allow us to receive information about you from social networks. If you choose to use one of our social features, you may be asked to log into a social network through our Service. The social network may then provide us with information about you and your connections.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site may contain links to, and allow sharing content on, third party websites and services. By providing such links to third party websites or services we are not endorsing, authorizing, representing, recommending, or affiliated with those third parties, nor are we endorsing their privacy policies or practices. We encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies of these third party websites and services to understand how they collect, use and share information.
How We Use and Share Information
In general, we do not actively solicit or collect your information.
In the event that we do, we may use your information:
- To communicate with you or respond to your requests;
- To better understand your interests and preferences;
- To develop, deliver, and improve our products and Services;
- To enforce our licenses or Terms of Service;
- For security purposes;
- To facilitate certain services by service providers to the extent necessary; and
- For internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis.
We may also disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, or a reasonable request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity, or (iii) if necessary to protect the vital interests of another individual (such as to prevent death, bodily harm, or serious damage to property). We reserve the right to transfer information about our users in the event we sell or transfer all or substantially all our business or assets.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about you such as your device, your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device (“Personal Information”). Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”. We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or Services.
- Marketing purposes such as Google analytics, trends, customer demographics, etc.
We may use Personal Information we collect to (1) improve our Site of Service and enhance your experience with our Service (2) enable us to provide a safer community for all of our users, influencers and customers, and (3) communicate with us. We may use your Personal Information to register and service your account, update your customer profile, contact you for questions and feedback, search for suitable products or Services, verify information you provide us, help protect the safety and integrity of the Site its users, and provide targeted promotional messages or content on the Site, via email (for which you have an option to opt-out) or other advertisements on our Site or third party websites.
How We Protect Personal Information
When we collect your personal information, we maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties who help us serve you or improve our Services, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store.
You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site.
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
When you use our Site, you acknowledge that we may transfer information about you as described in this policy. However, we will treat your Personal Information subject to the protections described in this policy.
- Social media features
Our Site include may include social media features and widgets, such as the Facebook "Like" and "Share" buttons. These features may collect your IP address, the URL of the page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of their providers. You should review the privacy policies or terms of these providers.
- Sharing with third parties
We may share your information with third parties who provide Services on our behalf, which may include website hosting, bank payment, advertising services (including but not limited to retargeted advertising), and other services of an administrative nature. We may also share your information with third party companies that we partner with to provide certain services to you in connection with our Service. These partners’ collection and use of information is subject to their privacy policies and other terms. You should review such privacy policies and terms.
- Not use for profit (rent or sell)
- As required by law
We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information or other account information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information provided above.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California - "California's "Shine the Light" law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy. If you want to opt-out of any further sharing of your information, or to inquire about your opt-out rights under Shine the Light, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Please check your browser and browser settings to determine where these types of cookies are stored and whether and how they may be deleted. The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most cookies altogether. Please note that if cookies are disabled or removed, not all features of our Sites will operate as intended.
- Beacons is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter
- Local Shared Objects local shared objects (or Flash cookies) are pieces of data that websites which use certain flash services may store on a user’s computer or device. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use local shared objects. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing local shared objects.
The above technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Sites, products and Services, tracking users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Links to Other Websites, Service, or Applications
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Madison / Savile Inc
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
815 1st Ave, #89, Seattle WA 98104, United States
© Madison Savile Inc. 2019. All rights reserved.
Madison Savile™, Madison Savile ® and the applicable logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Madison Savile Inc. in the United States and elsewhere. All other brands or product names are the trademarks of their respective owners.